If you want to be successful, you must know where you’re money is going to and where it’s coming from. You have to know what it costs to build each product and to run your company. You must set reasonable goals to predict future sales, so you can plan for growth and profit. Charging your customers the right amount can be tricky. You have to charge enough to cover your production costs, pay yourself a meaningful wage, and plan for future growth, yet you don’t want to charge too much that you attract no customers.
“If you can’t pay yourself enough to live comfortably, there’s little point in working for yourself.”
Beverlee Rasmussen, CEC, PCC
The Systems Business Coach® Money Module answers the questions:
- How can I turn this business around financially?
- What are these financial statements really saying?
- How could I have made a profit if I don’t have any money in the bank?
- How do others get wealthy from owning a business?
- Am I charging enough?
- Which bookkeeping program should I use?
- How can I take more out of my business?
- Is this business even worth keeping?
- What do I need to do to earn a higher wage for myself?
- Are there tangible perks from owning this company?
- Why should I pay taxes anyway?
- What is the impact of giving my team a raise?
- Should I raise my prices?
- What do I do now that I have no more money to put into this thing?
- How can I get my clients to pay me on time?
- Which products earn the highest profit?
- How much is my business worth if I wanted to sell it?
Have systems in place to effectively track money coming in and out of your company and understand what the numbers really mean ensuring that you have created a viable financial model. Confidently forecast the financial future making decisions that lead to profitability, stability and growth. Build equity now so that you have something to sell in the future should you choose. Reward yourself for your efforts with what matters most to you.